memory usage slowly rising

Brian Puccio brian at brianpuccio.net
Tue Mar 7 00:09:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 09:48 -0500, Josh wrote:
> PS:  I had to restrict my node's outgoing ports because my ISP
> was getting complaints about "bot net" traffic coming from my tor
> node.  In case this becomes a more serious problem in the future,
> does anyone have any suggestions for a co-location host that is a
> bit more tor-friendly?  I'm currently with servermatrix (the
> planet), and while they're quite good, they don't seem to be too
> understanding when it comes to tor.

Just to play devil's advocate, hosts are assigned IPs in blocks, and
keeping their IPs off things like blacklists is something they should
take seriously.  I'd hate to rent a dedicated server only to find out
that the last guy who had my IP was a big time spammer or got banned
from major IRC networks or something and that the IP is blacklisted a
dozen ways from Sunday. So I can understand where they come from with
respect to trying to keep certain content off their network.
                                                   brian at brianpuccio.net
                                                   GPG Key ID 0xBBD2401F