torcp problem

Ashton Vaz ashton.vaz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:06:07 UTC 2006

You've misunderstood and I should have been more clear.

I sent the email as I assumed that you might have changed the Control
Port as well as the ORPort (which is what I had done when I manually
edited the torrc file).  Assuming that you changed the ControlPort you'd
have to change it in both the GUI & the torrc file.  If you *didn't*
initially change the control port through the torrc file, leave TorCP at
its default value (i.e. ignore my initial recommendation).

The ORPort, DirPort & Control Port are all different settings and not
directly related to each other.  The Control Port is used by TorCP to
control Tor.

Ashton