refresh of tor directory

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Thu Jun 8 05:30:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Yes, all tor servers have publicly known IPs and as a result, a query of
> the directory servers by the police could reveal you are a tor server.
Yes, I know, I am asking something else.

Let's say they take your server, and after few months you are "asked to
prove" you really had Tor server. But your Tor server is not listed in
directory anymore.

Is there any history of Tor servers?

> Also, they could check your ISP logs.
In some european countries data retention is still not implemented and
it is possible that some ISP's don't have logs for more than month or so.

bye, Matej