Tor,security and web-usability - Sorry, now readable with line-breaks...

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 07:54:58 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> > You could extend this philosophy to say nothing but Tor may traverse
> > the firewall.  It would be interesting to see what impact such a
> > strict rule would have on the average Internet-connected PC.
>
> Try trans-proxy-tor and find out: http://p56soo2ibjkx23xo.onion/
> It provides example configurations for PF and iptables to do that.

the impact is impressive and useful with the right classification for
http into Squid[transparent]->Privoxy->Tor, all other tcp into Tor,
and transparent DNS through dns-proxy-tor.

many thanks to whoever for making the *-proxy-tor tools available.

you can sniff the outgoing traffic and literally it is all Tor if you
drop ICMP and other unnecessary protocols.  this is my preferred
method of using Tor now...