Configure TorDNS

Steven Colbert scolbert56 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 16 02:09:10 UTC 2006

First I want to apologize for the barrage of questions - I normally read
as much as I can before posting, and in this case I have, but Googling
TorDNS does not bring much in the way of results...  That being said I
want to ask questions in an intelligent way even though some of them may
seem elementary (probably are to most of you).

So I downloaded the TorDNS localhost version.  That magically worked :)
I'd still like to find out which files I need to edit to get the other
version working.  In the meantime - here's one more:

I have ZoneAlarm installed.  I have noticed that TorDNS gets ZoneAlarm
to popup to tell me TorDNS is trying to access the net with the
following IP addresses:

127.0.0.1:9050 (the Tor app)
127.1.2.2:4237
127.1.2.2:1027

I wonder why it tries to connect to two separate ports for Tor.

Also, since I have disabled the DNS Client service and have changed the
DNS Server to 127.1.2.2 I can no longer ping machines on my LAN.  Is
there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Steven