Tor / Privoxy for local URLs

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Jul 25 08:55:41 UTC 2006

Steven Colbert <scolbert56 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a machine called twiki - it's running on a machine on my LAN:
>
> When I have Tor and Privoxy enabled, and I try to browse it via
> FireFox I get:
>

>         No such domain
>
>     Your request for *http://twiki/* could not be fulfilled, because
> the domain name *twiki* could not be resolved.
>
> I am sure that there's a config file I have to edit - can anyone point
> in the right direction?

Check the forward section in Privoxy's configuration file
(open http://config.privoxy.org/show-status to get its
location) and add:

forward         twiki    .

below Tor's socks4(a) line. If this fails, either specify
the IP address or add an entry in your system's hosts file.

You could also use a proxy exception in Firefox
(see M's answer), but it would be browser dependent
and circumvent your whole proxy chain, not only Tor.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/privoxy/