You think you can hide your ip?

Ben Wilhelm zorba at pavlovian.net
Tue Jan 17 18:24:49 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> Another option would be some sort of restrictive firewall.  There is
> software for Unix and Windows that can restrict the ability to make
> connections on a program by program basis.  Limit connections only to
> Tor and you know you won't make any leaks (this could be turned on and
> off when switching Tor on and off).

I've got my home network set up so that my "Tor-browsing box" simply
isn't allowed to go out to the internet. I've got a second computer that
runs Tor, and *it's* allowed to connect out. The browsing box has to
connect through it to get to the Internet in any way, which leaves me
neatly immune to the whole thing.

-Ben