Tor reputation system

Alok Mishra alok.mishra at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 15:13:11 UTC 2006

I was looking at the design paper on Tor. I was thinking that one
problem with malicious node might be that they would advertise their
services and when the directory servers  attempt to connect to them they
reply fine but any other request is totally ignored. Since directory
servers can't afford to  try passing traffic through so many nodes to
ensure that they are functional, do we need some kind of a reputation
mechanism that will collect evidence from each of the OPs that
successfully (or not) can complete their transaction.