choosing a syslog facility other than 'daemon'

Matt Ghali matt at snark.net
Tue Jan 31 19:50:09 UTC 2006

Funny you should reply now- I spent the morning hacking on autoconf
and friends, so configure can be used to select a log facility; and
also, a useful method to point configure at libevent not located in
/usr/local/lib.

I suspect that a "nicer" way to support other log facilities would
be to add support in config.c; which I may do instead, given the
time. Of course, given the lack of interest, I suspect that
compile-time would be good enough.

I will make sure to send diffs if/when I get them working.

matto

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:02:05PM -0800, Matt Ghali wrote:
>> Is there a user-friendly way to ask tor to log to a different
>> facility than 'daemon'? IE, something that does not involve editing
>> the source and recompiling :)
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> You're the only person who wants this, as far as I've heard. Did
> you have another facility in mind, or did you want to handle all
> of them?
>
> I would be pleased to apply a patch. :)
>
> --Roger

               The only thing necessary for the triumph
               of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke