Clear IP in Packet Headers (was Re: Torpark writes to system temp folder)

Robin Felix felixorg at felix.org
Sun Feb 26 15:55:27 UTC 2006

If the Tor entry node does not know your real IP, it can't exchange
packets with you.  The "data payload" of each packet is encrypted, but
the headers of packets exchanged between you and the Tor entry node
_must_ contain your real IP.  The Tor entry node server will then
encrypt the entire packet for delivery to the next node in the chain,
and your real IP will not be visible further down the line.