Tor over SSh Tunnel diagnostics

ADB firefox-gen at walala.org
Mon Feb 13 03:42:03 UTC 2006

This question is for all Tor users, but primarily Roger: Is there a way
to either test myself or have someone else test my Tor server to see how
it fares in terms of speed and responsiveness when used via a remote SSH
tunnel? The reason I ask is that my server cannot be accessed by clients
from the outside due to a university firewall. Both the connection here
and at my remote location are pretty fast, so I think opening a
forwarded port over there to over here would be relitavely low latency.
    I definitely want to check this first though to make sure that
others can actually get some use out of my node.

Thanks!