New user question about Directory mirroring & bittorent

NATHANIEL HOMIER nate at nathaniel-homier.net
Sun Feb 12 05:00:43 UTC 2006

Thanks for the answers and suggestions.

If I put in MaxAdvertisedBandwidth what does this do exactly.  I had
assumed that tor already broadcast your BandwidthRate and BandwidthBurst
settings.  The docs don't really explain in a way I can understand
clearly.  So I am guessing the MaxAdvertisedBandwidth setting will
broadcast and the other 2 are local to your computer.

On my ADSL line my ISP does no filtering except port 25 and no
throttling and no caps.  So I don't need to worry about max bandwidth.
I decided to change BandwidthRate to 30KB and BandwidthBurst to 40KB.
As for Azureus I will change it to 25KB up.  That will leave me 25KB
total leftover up.  I use PPPOE and that has a bit more overhead for
ADSL lines although I don't know about cable modem lines.