[declan at well.com: [Politech] Lawsuit challenges law targeting Internet "annoyances" [fs]]

Ashton Vaz ashton.vaz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 23:04:30 UTC 2006

I hope not...but we'll have to wait & see.  If a Tor operator does get
charged & tried, I hope he/she has the sense to find a lawyer competent
enough (in computing technologies) to demonstrate the absurdity of the
attempt, i.e. the attempt to equate passive resource sharing for legal
purposes with deliberate manipulation of that sharing for illegal purposes.

But being the suspicious type - I do agree that the watchers need to be
watched closely. Absolute Power & what-not...

Ashton