Tor 0.1.2.2-alpha eventdns timeouts

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Fri Dec 8 06:10:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:49:57PM +0200, Fabian Keil wrote:
 [...]
> As a result I see indeed a lot less timeout warnings,
> and the servers are declared active right away, but it
> also looks as if the number of timeouts isn't reset
> correctly:

My apologies for the delay here.  Your diagnosis turned out to be
completely correct.  I was looking for far more tricky problems, when
the root cause turned out to be (I think) that eventdns.c never
actually reset the timeout count.  Oops! I've checked a patch in to
subversion as r9054; if you have a chance to see whether it fixes the
problem for you, I'd be most grateful.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson