Problems under Windows Millenium

Stegozor stegozor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:56:55 UTC 2006

Matt Edman wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2006, at 4:28 AM, Stegozor wrote:
>> Then I removed Vidalia, tor and Privoxy (using their own uninstall
>> option from Start/Programs/app/uninstall menu) and installed the
>> latest Vidalia package. The problem is that when I launch Vidalia now
>> I get the following error message:
>> Vidalie.exe is linked (or bound) to a missing export of
>> ADVAPI32DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W (roughly translated from French).
>
> You will have to stick with Vidalia 0.0.7 until the next Vidalia
> release. The service support we added in Vidalia 0.0.8 broke support for
> Windows 95/98/ME. We'll have it fixed for the next release.

Thank you for the response. I could test the latest Vidalia on the same
computer (same hadware) but under Windows XP and it works pretty fine.
However, it was impossible to uninstall the lastest version and to
install 0.0.7 under Windows Millenium, I keep getting the same error
message (Vidalie.exe is linked (or bound) to a missing export of
ADVAPI32DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W. As I don't know what to do and which
files to remove, it's rather hard to install back 0.0.7 for me, and
worse, this version doesn't seem to work properly under Win Me either:
the first time I installed it, my system had become sluggish and
unresponsive.

Hope that later releases will fix these issues and that this information
will be helpful in some way. Until then, a little warning on the website
could make sense.