Problems under Windows Millenium

Stegozor stegozor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 09:28:06 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

Willing to give aioe's tor NNTP service a try, I installed Vidalia 0.7
and tried to run it under Windows Millenium together with Thunderbird
and Torbutton, but my system was becoming sluggish and unresponsive. A
ctrl-alt-del returned a message telling that the ressources of my system
were at a critically low level and suggested to close some applications,
often tor.exe.

Then I removed Vidalia, tor and Privoxy (using their own uninstall
option from Start/Programs/app/uninstall menu) and installed the latest
Vidalia package. The problem is that when I launch Vidalia now I get the
following error message:
Vidalie.exe is linked (or bound) to a missing export of
ADVAPI32DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W (roughly translated from French).

Unfortunately I couldn't find any related information on the FAQ so here
I am. What went wrong? Have I made a stupid mistake somewhere? Also,
please allow me little suggestion: it would be nice if minimum system
requirements were made clear on the Viadalia website.

My configuration: AMD 2000 XP+ running at 1.1 Ghz (voluntary BOIS
setting), 384 Mb of RAM, the whole thing under Windows Me with all
security updates installed, fairly enough hard disk space and a 1
Mbps/128 Kbps broadband cable connection.