Directory Server

RMS gnu.rms at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:14:21 UTC 2006

Hi!

I was looking through the Tor's overview homepage and I understand for
Tor to build a path, it must first obtain a list of Tor nodes from a
directory server. I like to ask how can I trust the directory server
in the first place? Can my govenment set up such a server and give me
a list of government owned Tor nodes instead? Surely she can redirect
all traffic (if the IP address of the Tor's directory server is
hardcoded into the Tor client) from the Tor's directory server to her
own server?

Regards