Facing legal issues

Dan Collins en.wp.st47 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 12:18:44 UTC 2006

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi,
> i won an appointment with the local police on monday because someone
> abused the tor network for fraud on amazon. My node seems to have shown
> up in the logs of amazon so i am the one beeing invited.
>
> I printed most of the documentation on the tor pages to make shure i get
> understood what tor is.
> I also printed the node list which clearly shows my node up and running.
>
> Are there other interesting legal documents concerning german law i
> might just take with me and clear the situation up more quickly.
>
> Flo
Well, there is http://tor.eff.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html, which explains
that it is legal and has links to a few people - such as
http://www.chillingeffects.org/input.cgi, if you actually have a C&D
notice - or elsewise there is http://tor.eff.org/faq-abuse.html, and I
know I read something about what to do - explain what Tor is, be polite,
explain that it isn't you doing that, it's some other user. All those
pages also have German versions, though I'm not sure if you already
found them. Hopefully someone can find the other page I'd seen about
dealing with law enforcement.

--
GnuPG key ID is 0x84189146 on subkeys.pgp.net