Snakes on a Tor 0.0.5

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sun Dec 17 03:35:21 UTC 2006

I've finished off another release of my scanner and wrote another perl
script to perform the timing/reliability measurments in the previous
post.

Release is at:
http://fscked.org/proj/minihax/SnakesOnATor/SnakesOnATor-0.0.5.zip

ChangeLog:

0.0.5:
 Metatroller:
  - "suspicious" vs "naive" failure rate information
  - New commands to support exporting these stats to SpeedRacer+SoaT
  - Subscribes to Network status events to get new router information
    from Tor
  - Now better able to handle concurrent streams at once

 SoaT:
  - Now scans SSH hosts present in ./known_hosts for key changes
  - Attributes DNS resolution to proper exit, even if different than
    actual data circuit
  - Checks for content changes outside of Tor to eliminate false
    positives
  - Filters out dynamic content ahead of time before scanning stats
  - Allows wildcard filetype "all"

 SpeedRacer:
  - Implemented.

This is the last release that will be written in perl (unless some
huge bug is discovered). I'm going to rewrite it in Python so I can
get some decent OO support to implement some more advanced features.
There might not be another release for a few months.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist