Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Season 6, Episode 10.

Jeff jrishea at cogeco.ca
Thu Dec 14 12:50:14 UTC 2006

On 10-Dec-06, at 2:08 PM, KT wrote:

> Det. Wheeler : Let's start by tracing the server they used to
> upload the videos
>
> Ira: I tried that but… It was routed through special proxies, er…
> Tor server.
>
> Capt. Ross: In English Ira.
>
> Ira: It's a way of posting anonymously online.
>
> Capt. Ross: Why would a teenage vlogger hide her server?

I laugh when they just pinpoint the source of ANY internet
transmission at the snap of their fingers in those shows. I always
thought to myself "I'd like to see that work against Tor!" Heck, if I
was a criminal... *shifty eyes*..... I'd at least use something to
cover my tracks, they make it look like no one does. It's good to see
fantasy catch up with reality once in awhile! =)