Could i use tor to login Paypal?

Shava Nerad shava at freehaven.net
Wed Aug 30 17:02:07 UTC 2006

At 12:47 PM 8/30/2006, Fabian Keil wrote:
>A month ago PayPal took my account hostage because
>they fantasised to have reason to believe a third
>person had access to it.

Paypal has a long history of being a pain in the tush about this:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=DVFC,DVFC:1970--2,DVFC:en&q=paypal+freeze+account

I have known them to do lovely things like freeze the account of a
small NGO's fundraiser event because suddenly the paypal account of
the NGO got too much money in donations in too short a time, and they
thought that was suspicious and wouldn't allow the NGO to withdraw
any until they appealed -- so the event had to be cancelled because
the money to pay for the band, whatever, was in limbo.

It seems unlikely it's because of your Tor use, but we'll look for
other anecdotes that might lead us to believe this to be the case.

Thanks!

Shava Nerad
Executive Director
http://tor.eff.org/