Could i use tor to login Paypal?

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Aug 30 16:47:35 UTC 2006

Jay Goodman Tamboli <jay at tamboli.cx> wrote:

> On 2006.08.30, at 11:12, xvidivx wrote:

> > I have heard someone said, It will lead to account hold?
>
> If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if PayPal
> will put my account old hold if I sign in via Tor. So far I have not
> seen any communications from PayPal regarding my use of Tor, nor has
> my account been put on hold.

A month ago PayPal took my account hostage because
they fantasised to have reason to believe a third
person had access to it.

There were no unauthorised transactions,
therefore I'm sure it's a false alarm.

Of course they didn't tell me their reason,
but I assume it's a stupid one. I wouldn't be
surprised if it was because a change
of exit nodes while I was logged in.

Fabian
--