More control over bandwidth

Ricky Fitz calypso at satyr.ath.cx
Sat Aug 26 17:48:55 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 25.08.2006, 03:12 -0400 schrieb Tor Admin:

> I also run a terminal server, an FTP/SFTP server, an SSH server, and
> an enterprise VNC server, all of which compete for bandwidth with my
> prospective Tor node

In that case you should try out some bandwith-shaping, iptables is your
friend. Running a Tor-Node with 384kbit upstream on my server together
with FTP/HTTP/SSH/P2P/SMTP/POP, and it works; just a question of
prioritys.

greetings,
Ricky

--
Ich bin Jack's vergeudetes Leben.
-Fight Club-

PGP-Fingerprint: 475A 89EC 8E4D AD64 FCCE BEB7 A699 13D9 84A8 A349
Jabber-ID: nyx at jabber.linuxlovers.at
www.life-lover.de.vu