Polipo-20060823 native Windows binary

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Aug 23 21:00:56 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've put an experimental native Windows binary of Polipo in

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/polipo/polipo-20060823.exe
  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/polipo/polipo-20060823.exe.asc

This is still very experimental; for serious use, I still recommend
using the Cygwin binary.

Unlike the previous Windows binary, this version has support for
tunnelling (https proxying) and SOCKS, which should make it usable
with tor.  A number of features are still disabled, notably the
asynchronous resolver and the on-disk cache.  (Dan! help!)

There are a a number of other issues, notably error reporting (you'll
see a lot of ``unknown error'' messages).

This binary has never seen a real Windows system (I test under Linux
with a Windows emulator -- sorry, but I don't have a Windows machine),
and I'd be very grateful for feedback from Windows users.

                                        Juliusz