Tor and Google Image search

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Fri Aug 18 23:42:28 UTC 2006

Thus spake mr.wolf at sprawl.it (mr.wolf at sprawl.it):

> Brian C wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Shatadal wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Whenever I use google image search via tor the search page serves up
> >> empty pages. Without tor google image search behaves as it normally
> >> does. Does anybody else face this problem?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> > Just tried http://images.google.com using tor on Debian. Did two
> > searches which worked great.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> i've the problem on w2k with the last vidalia bundle.
> I think it's a new privoxy default config, if I use tor as a socks proxy
> i can see the thumbs images.google
> Dan

Actually, I've started noticing this even though my privoxy config
hasn't changed in a long while. I think its something new that
images.google.com is doing that privoxy doesn't like.

If you add:

{ fragile }
images.google.com

to your Privoxy action file, it works again. To declare everything as
fragile:

{ fragfile }
.

Perhaps the images.google.com declairation should be added to the
Privoxy that is shipped with vidalia/tor. It is likely to be pretty
frustrating to new users.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist