Using Tor signals on Win32 NT (eg. pseudo-signals)?

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 02:43:23 UTC 2006

WSH might be easier for you:

1. Since you can use JScript and VBScript, the learning curve is easier than PowerShell especially if you already know those languages or Javascript
2. WSH does not require .NET so it will work on legacy Windows systems like Win98/WinME.

The main site for WSH is http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting. If you choose WSH, you'll need COM or ActiveX objects which wrap the winsock API. There are literally dozens of such objects available for free, including at least one from Microsoft (Winsock Control). However, you might find COM objects specifically targeted for WSH easier to use, such as this one. Please do your own research and analysis though; I haven't used these objects and am not endorsing them. The nice thing about using the Microsoft Winsock Control is that many people probably already have it installed.

Here is sample code showing how someone used the Winsock Control with WSH JScript. I'm sure you can find lots more samples if you search.

 If you choose PowerShell, you'll want to use the classes in the System.Net.Sockets namespace. They are managed classes wrapping the native winsock Win32 API functions.

Good luck,
Eric