Tor bug?: AllowInvalidNodes

Gompie gompie.tor at gmx.net
Wed Aug 16 17:28:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 06:03, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 10:49:07PM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > True. I've been eyeing those servers for a while now. I believe the
> > correct fix (rather than trying to hunt down the operator(s)) is to
> > put in the patch that's been on the TODO for a while, to treat
> > nodes in the same /16 as in the same family, even if they don't
> > explicitly volunteer that information.
> >
> > Hopefully that will be in rsn, depending on when we get time to
> > actually do dev work. :}
>
> Ok, I bit the bullet and just added that patch to the current svn
> trunk. Feel free to upgrade if you want what might be more security
> for this case. :)
>
> --Roger

Roger,

Sorry, but I think that patch is not the correct way to go. With
"AllowInvalidNodes middle,rendezvous" (Tor v. 0.1.1.22) in my
torrc-file, I expect my Tor client not to build a circuit that uses an
invalid exit node. So apparently, something concerning this option is
broken and this should be fixed.

Regards,
Gompie

--