Tor bug?: AllowInvalidNodes

Torette's Syndrome torettes_syndrome at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 02:46:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:44:35 -0500,  Arrakistor wrote:
>AllowInvalidNodes  seems  to  having a problem.  We've  tried a few versions,
>including the deprecated AllowUnverifiedNodes to no avail. However the
>exit node of the circuit is still often invalid according to
>http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ipaddr.pl?tor=1

Lately there's been (on average) around 25-30 servers in the 149.9.xxx.xxx
154.35.xxx.xxx (PSINET - Washington, DC) range, all high bandwidth.

netstat and showmyip.com reveal that an IP in that range are (~90% of the time)
both entry and exit nodes for a least the last month.

That CAN'T be a good thing.
__
Torette's Syndrome