Problems with restarting tor

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Sun Apr 23 20:42:31 UTC 2006

I'm running tor 0.1.0.17-1 on Debian. If I send a HUP, or even restart
the tor server, I get lots of the following:

    Apr 23 13:38:15.869 [notice] Tried for 60 seconds to get a
    connection to [scrubbed]:9030. Giving up.

I've even tried "rm -rf /var/lib/tor" before rebooting to see if
something is wedged in the stored files, but the only thing that really
seems to help is a system reboot.

Have other people had the same problem, or am I missing something
obvious?

--
Re-Interpreting Historic Miracles with SED #141: %s/water/wine/g