getting tor to start at boot on mac osx

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Thu Apr 13 04:20:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:06:36PM -0700, user165 at neomailbox.com wrote 0.6K bytes in 14 lines about:
: great, but it doesn't seem to start up at boot time.  Did I miss
: something in the setup?  Tor and Privoxy are listed in the /Library/
: StartupItems folder.

	Odd, if the proper start scripts are installed to
	/Library/StartupItems, they are called at boot and shutdown.  If
	the start script errors out, that's a different problem.

: When I do a shutdown -r now, I see that Privoxy tries to start at
: that time, and notices that something is already listening on 8118 -

	The privoxy start script really isn't a full-fledged start
	script.  It's a plain shell script that starts Privoxy, there is
	no "start" nor "stop" functionality.  Fixing this is on my to do
	list.

	Otherwise, if in console, sudo -s, can you start Tor manually
	without errors?  "/Library/StartupItems/Tor/Tor start"?

--
Andrew

FORTUNE'S RULES TO LIVE BY: #2
	Never goose a wolverine.