getting tor to start at boot on mac osx

User 165 user165 at neomailbox.com
Wed Apr 12 22:06:36 UTC 2006

Hi-
    I've used osx a total of about 4 hours now, and have got the tor/
privoxy package installed.  I've set it up as a server and it works
great, but it doesn't seem to start up at boot time.  Did I miss
something in the setup?  Tor and Privoxy are listed in the /Library/
StartupItems folder.

When I do a shutdown -r now, I see that Privoxy tries to start at
that time, and notices that something is already listening on 8118 -
I see that privoxy is running as root at bootup, but no tor - running
the "tor start" command in /Library/StartupItems does start tor
running as _tor.

thanks!