Wiki about usage of vservers still up to date? / What are descriptors?

Landorin (GPG 4096R/E9FD5518) Landorin at gmx.net
Mon Apr 24 12:27:30 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

Since I just joined this mailing list, I don't know whether this
question has already been updated/answered. If so, I apologize.

The wiki says you can't use TOR with a vserver (virtual server; several
people have their own virtual server on one real server and they have to
share its hardware) because TOR needs to connect to 1024 descriptors.
Is that still valid/up to date or has this changed yet?
Also, what are descriptors and how do I know if a server/vserver is able
to connect to 1024 descriptors?

Sincerely,
Landorin

--
Accelerate cancer research with your PC: http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/curecancer.html

The sender of this mail supports mail encryption (GnuPG/GPG, OpenPGP compatible) and digital signature.