Tor overwhelms my router

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Tue Sep 6 22:34:47 UTC 2005

I've seen airport extreme routers work just fine, in both NAT and route
modes.

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 09:34:00AM -0700, abrause at widebandtech.com wrote 0.5K bytes in 17 lines about:
: I finally had to shutdown my Tor server because my Linksys WCG200 NAT
: broadband router can't keep up with Tor and 3 other clients on my LAN.
: The router does not crash outright, but I lose DNS and pings become
: unresponsive.
: I have throttled bandwidth to 150Kb/s and that didn't seem to help.  I
: thought about limiting the number of connects but I read recently in
: this forum it is not recommended.
:
: Can anyone suggest a suitable NAT router for use in a LAN that can
: handle Tor traffic?
:
: Thanks,
: