Script for starting private Tor networks

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Thu Sep 1 15:28:05 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, ADB <firefox-gen at walala.org> wrote:
> Good code, just by looking at it, it seems very portable. Before I go
> testing it on Win32, though, it shouldn't screw up my existing config
> files, etc. if they are present right? (Just want to be sure)

Portability is a fluke - I've not coded on Windows since I was about 12.

It will stomp some files, but only ones which it thinks that it would
have created last time. Thus, if you have lots of directories called
nodeD0 and so forth it will think that it owns them.

Generally, run it in a new directory and all the files it creates
should be within that directory.
(barring command line args to tell it otherwise and/or really freaky
Windows behavior - but I don't think so)

AGL

Adam Langley                                      agl at imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       (+44) (0)7906 332512
PGP: 9113   256A   CC0F   71A6   4C84   5087   CDA5   52DF   2CB6   3D60