Does tor still leak memory?

m-abel at columbus.rr.com m-abel at columbus.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 15:58:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I apologize if this question is redundant; I answered many questions by
reading through previous posts.  I could have missed the resolution of
this issue.

Earlier this year, tor seemed to leak some memory.  Is this still a
known phenomenon?  I have the latest stable version, built from source,
Fedora Core 1, x86.

I have 256 MB of RAM on a > 1 GHz Celeron.  Resident size about 16 MB,
but virtual size can approach 10 times that within a day and gets over
50 MB within seconds.  I'm not a kernel or networking expert, but the
size does give me an uncomfortable feeling.  Should I be concerned?

I might *very* ignorantly add that I suspect libevents, simply because
it was written elsewhere.  Could be an easy place to hide a leak.

Thanks!

Marc