AllowedUnverifiedNodes

Edman, Matt Matt_Edman at baylor.edu
Sat Sep 3 15:46:54 UTC 2005

> I submitted a bug to the torcp bugtracker about the
AllowUnverifiedNodes setting, but wasn't sure what the correct
> syntax would be for allowing no unverified nodes.
>
> Is it just "AllowUnverifiedNodes "on a line by itself for none?  I
tried "AllowUnverifiedNodes None" and
> "AllowUnverifiedNodes Null", but tor doesn't like any of those lines.
It accepts "AllowUnverifiedNodes ", but I
> don't know if that just reverts to the default of "middle, rendezvous"
or does it actually mean none.

This turned out to be a "quirk" in Tor where it didn't really provide a
way to say "none." Roger also noticed that LongLivedPorts has this
problem as well and they hope to have a fix in place pretty soon.

On a side note, I put up an 0.0.2 of torcp so check it out and keep
reporting any bugs you find to the bugtracker!

http://www.freehaven.net/~edmanm/torcp/download.html

Thanks,
Matt