Hello directly from Jimbo at Wikipedia

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Sep 27 21:48:59 UTC 2005

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> IT seems some are advocating TOR establishing a pseudonymous
> authentication system such that it establishes some unknown entity is
> the same unknown entity, and allowing web site (or other service)
> operators query this system in some way to determine a karma score
> that is also managed by tor, possibly based on length of use or some
> such?

I don't know who is proposing anything like that.

All I'm saying is that Tor could segregate users easily enough into two
clouds: "We sorta trust these ones, more or less, a little bit, but no
guarantees" -- "We don't trust these ones, we don't know them".

Users in the first group could be allowed access to Wikipedia because
their overall level of bad behavior would be tolerable.  Users in the
second group would still be blocked.