Wikipedia & Tor

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Tue Sep 27 16:00:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:16:15AM -0400, Bryan L. Fordham wrote:
| I agree that anonymity has positive uses, and you list some good examples,
| but:
|
| > Doubtless the Wikipedia folks would like to see Banksy's graffiti
| > disappear.
|
| that's a terrible statement, unless you happen to see art in messing up the
| information in wikipedia.
|
| Tor brings up serious issues that can't be easily dismissed with such
| misdirection

My apologies if the sarcastic comparison doesn't work for you.  Banksy
has done thing like hanging his art in the british museum.  Some
people see that as entirely wrong.  I think there's a long continuum,
and that's what I was trying to make clear.  Unsuccessfully, as it
turns out, I didn't make it at all clear.

Adam