TorCP 0.0.3 is out

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Sep 25 09:35:44 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 03:00:30AM -0500, Edman, Matt wrote:
> If anyone is using TorCP, there is a new version out. The two big
> changes are that you no longer have to manually set ControlPort in your
> torrc (unless you run Tor as a service), and also now TorCP actually
> works on old Windowses (95/98/Me).

Hi Matt,

Great to see you're making progress with this. I would recommend that you
phase out talking about running Tor as a service on the TorCP web page,
since that seems to be something we should discourage now that we've
got torcp. It sounds like we should even change the FAQ entry to just
point to torcp and not mention this whole "move stuff into different
directories and then run this obscure command-line thing" idea.

I'll also encourage you to spend time at each release on updating the
text and screenshots on the webpage, since they are what most people will
think torcp is. I've slowly been learning my lesson about this from the
Tor releases. :)

Also, I noticed on
http://freehaven.net/~edmanm/torcp/screenshots/tray.png
that you list the copyright as 2004-2005 Roger Dingledine, Nick
Mathewson, but the Tor LICENSE file says
Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Roger Dingledine
Copyright (c) 2004-2005 Nick Mathewson
It's probably worth mentioning the earlier years in the copyright too.

Looking great so far.
--Roger