(FWD) Re: Dirserver believes your ORPort is unreachable

Eugene Armstead eugene at armsteadent.com
Tue Sep 13 11:55:21 UTC 2005

Roger Dingledine wrote:
> [Forwarding because Marcel isn't subscribed to the list from
> this address. Marcel, can you fix this one way or another please?
>
> As for your question...hm. Can you describe what exactly is going wrong
> for you, and what exactly fixes it? I get the feeling your actions might
> be a coincidence...for example, does it all fix itself if you wait a
> little while? -RD]

I believe my actions were a coincidence the more I observe things.  My
OR seems to just have a problem with 86.59.5.130.  I don't know why that
one server should be cause my OR to just give up but it looks like
that's what was going on.  It just started happening the last few days
as you can see here
http://www.noreply.org/tor-running-routers/current.html#6B4DFA347D29C8E9ECEC22732EE50E0D98551445

> ----- Forwarded message from owner-or-talk at freehaven.net -----
>
> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:46:01 -0400
> From: Marcel <u-281 at vif.net>
> To: or-talk at freehaven.net
> Subject: Re: Dirserver believes your ORPort is unreachable
>
> * Eugene Armstead (eugene at armsteadent.com) wrote:
>
>>Hey,
>>
>>What do I do about this???  I was using Tor 0.1.0.14 and moved to 0.1.1.6 and am still having the same problem...
>

> I have the same pronlem 2 times out of three. I restart it and eventually
> it will be ok.  Maybe tor should be allowed to restart itself in such a
> case.  The problem remains, but in such a way, it's resolved too.

Yeah, mine seems to be working fine now.  I believe TOR has reached
sentience and hates me.  LOL