Transparent SOCKS proxy for POP

ADB firefox-gen at walala.org
Wed Oct 5 21:10:28 UTC 2005

The iptables man page has some info, and if you go to the gentoo forums
there are some tutorials in there that actually show you how to *use*
the commands/config files. I'm not completely clear as to what your
question is though... Is it just that you want to be able to download
your pop3 email via thurderbird/whatever w/out setting the socks4 proxy
ports? If so, that's as easy as changing your advertised port 9050 to
110 or 995. If you're asking whether you can do client --->tor-->some
other proxy--->email server, you can but it's pretty pointless, IMHO
unless you've got some strange good reason for doing that...

~Andrew