Wikipedia and Tor - a solution in the works?

loki tiwaz loki_tiwaz at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:19:15 UTC 2005

as i explained simply in my previous post, all of this is nonsense, much too
much complexity. we are covering old ground that sites such as hotmail and
yahoo have dealt with long ago, and the strategies they use are effective,
although they could easily be tightened up for preventing abuse from any
kind of anonymity proxy system. blind signed certificates and external
authentication servers add a lot of complexity and complexity in security
systems does not equal extra security, it just means more holes you can
jimmy (having spent some time as a young man getting up to mischief
unlocking things that i wasn't supposed to get into, i learned one thing:
security is only as strong as the weakest link in the chain - if the janitor
forgets to lock all the windows you might as well not even have locks on the
doors).