best way to recover from bad circuit

Jay Goodman Tamboli jay at tamboli.cx
Thu Oct 27 01:02:48 UTC 2005

I've noticed more and more 404 No such Domain errors, and I was
wondering if there's a best way to resolve these. I've found that if I
leave Tor long enough, it'll set up a new circuit, and (usually)
that'll fix it. Alternatively, I can stop and restart Tor, and that
will fix it immediately. I worry, though, that restarting it
introduces some kind of overhead or load on the network that should be
avoided. Is there a better way to get it to establish a new circuit,
or a better way to resolve this problem? I'm on Mac OS X if it
matters. Thanks,

/jgt