(FWD) Re: Dirserver believes your ORPort is unreachable

Eugene Armstead eugene at armsteadent.com
Mon Oct 24 14:28:49 UTC 2005

I figured out what my problem was.  It seems that the old rfc1918
reserved for much more than the 10, 172, and 192 networks as seen here
http://www.ris.ripe.net/prefix-stat/200303.html.  My firewall was
blocking rfc1918 private/reserved address spaces according to the old
implementation that providers seem to be allocating addresses to
nowadays.  One of the directory servers is on an old reserved address
space and my firewall was keeping it from seeing my or.

--
Eugene Armstead, Jr.
Armstead Enterprise
E:  eugene at armsteadent.com