nym paper preprint

Jason Holt jason at lunkwill.org
Sat Oct 22 10:20:40 UTC 2005

I've finished a first draft of an academic paper on nym:

http://www.lunkwill.org/cv/nym.pdf

Abstract:
nym is a straightforward application of blind signatures to create a
pseudonymity system with extremely low barriers to adoption.  Clients use
an entirely browser-based application to pseudonymously obtain a blinded
token which can be anonymously exchanged for an ordinary TLS client
certificate.  In the appendix, we give the complete Javascript application
and the necessary patch to use client certificates in place of IP addresses
in the popular web application MediaWiki.

 					-J