SSL fro hidden services

Christian Beil christian.beil at web.de
Thu Oct 20 14:45:13 UTC 2005

Thanks guys for the speedy answers. I think I see now.
So there is not even one node which sees cleartext messages, not even
the rendezvous point, because there is a DH handshake.
That means there is not really a need for another encryption layer.
And authentication of the hidden service doesn't make sense. You can
already trust to be talking to this .onion, because you use its public key.
What would the benefit be that I can be sure to talk to some .onion.