Interoperating with p2p traffic

Marc Abel m-abel at columbus.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 17:59:22 UTC 2005

Hi Matthias & group,

We'll never stop variant of disparately high bandwidth use.  At best,
we'll level the ground a bit.

And I think that's sufficient.  I suspect that a lot of p2p users won't
make the effort to defeat fairness provisions we may try to build in,
and I believe that p2p developers will ask that their software be used
responsibly (at least in terms of resource usage).

But this is why port number prioritization might also be helpful.
Casual BitTorrent users won't stray from the defaults.  Tor's
documentation also can educate them as to the purpose of traffic
prioritization and ask for cooperation on this.

Marc