Interoperating with p2p traffic

Marc Abel m-abel at columbus.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 01:15:08 UTC 2005

Martin & group,

Interesting observation.  I've never tried a Tor client, so I wouldn't
know.  Two development possibilities come to mind.

a)  Would it help to have a per-connection throttling mechanism?  Not
using hard limits, but a policy which responds to requests from
low-traffic connections ahead of higher-traffic connections?

b)  Alternatively, would it help if torrc prioritizes port numbers?  Tor
might put ssh first, then http(s), then ..., then bittorrent.

Thoughts?

Marc