Regarding directory updates

Arrakis Tor arrakistor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:05:13 UTC 2005

I was thinking that if Torpark becomes popular, there are many people
outside of China who would use it. This creates the possibility of
clogging tor with thousands of extra circuits while not giving back
any bandwidth. So I am going to build a server configuration for it.
However, most people probably won't stay connected for longer than 30
minutes to 2 hours at a time. I notice when I start Tor, I don't start
getting lots of circuits very fast. Tor is not using my bandwidth
efficiently from the beginning, it has to ramp up to consume all the
available bandwidth. I am wondering if it would be better to use the
Dirport as a push technology so servers can get updated really fast.
Is there a better solution for optimizing that 30 minute to 2 hour
time slot of the potential Torpark servers?

ST