can someone give me a pointer...?

poncenby smythe smythe at poncenby.plus.com
Wed Nov 9 11:47:49 UTC 2005

List,

I am having problems setting up my LAN gateway (192.168.1.1) to run
Tor and privoxy so my LAN clients web traffic can be anonymised and
scrubbed.
My gateway has the following line in the /etc/privoxy/config

forward-socks4a / localhost:9050 .
listen 192.168.1.1:8118

the torrc on my gateway has the following lines in it:

SocksPort 9050
SocksBindAddress 127.0.0.1

and so my os x clients have the following settings:

http proxy = 192.168.1.1 port 8118
https proxy = 192.168.1.1 port 8118

but this is not working for some reason (firewall has been
temporarily turned off).
I am unsure whether Tor should bind to the LAN interface
(192.168.1.1) and set the os x clients SOCKS proxy to 192.168.1.1
port 9050.

can anyone help?

poncenby